Monday, December 26, 2016

What I know

McKenna, I remember when you were first born and I was already thinking about all the different things I knew I had to teach you. I remember listening to a conference talk by Elder Monson at the time, and he said that we need to teach our children all we can before they turn 8 years old. I remember thinking that I was already running out of time and you were only a month old!

I know that you are more than capable to be on your own and make your own decisions- I just cant help but wonder if I really did teach you everything you need to have roots in the gospel so deep that nothing, no matter the severity of trial, will sway you in your testimony.

Boo- I love this gospel and know that there is no other way in which to live this life than with and through Christ.
I know that the covenants we receive and promises we make are filled with power, power to accomplish all the Lord would have us, overcome all that is placed before us and endure as long as we are asked to. The power of the priesthood is available to all covenant keepers. Make it your goal to receive the temple covenants. The power is greater McKenna.

I know prayer works and there is power in it. I know fasting works and there is power in it. I know that scriptures, feasting on them, works and there is power in it. I know it because I have tried it, I have relied on it and the power in all of these things has saved me.

I know that you are an amazing daughter of God and have a purpose here on earth. You are being prepared for even greater things. Please know that I understand this will come with it's ups and downs  and that its because of the downs, you will come to know Christ, your Heavenly Father and yourself more. Embrace the downs with an opportunity to learn.

You are more than capable of doing this McKenna. I believe in you baby girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment